Westside Tutoring & Testing Services offers a dynamic, personalized, one-on-one environment. For the past 34 years, our focus has been primarily directed toward tutoring, mentoring, and coaching students diagnosed with learning difficulties and it remains so today.
Westside Tutoring & Testing Services instills in its students a strong sense of personal and social awareness, respect for differences in and out of the classroom, the need for community involvement, and an intense desire to make a profound and lasting difference in the world: Their world.
Our families have discovered that Westside Tutoring & Testing Services is not only a solid investment in the future, it is also more affordable than the vast majority of “big box” tutoring chains both in the short and long run.
1) Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD): Includes Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD):
a) Predominantly hyperactive impulse
b) Predominantly inattentive
c) Combined hyperactive-impulsive and inattentive
2) Asperger’s Syndrome: Asperger’s syndrome was folded into the broader category of autism spectrum disorders in the 2013 DSM-5.
3) Dyslexia: A reading-based learning difficulty that is significantly more common than it was once thought to be.
4) Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI): Childhood injuries to veterans coming home after receiving a traumatic injury or injuries to the brain.
5) Dysgraphia: Writing disability. A child often experiences frustration when he or she attempts to express him or herself in writing.
7) Nonverbal Learning Disorders: NLDs are often extremely difficult to diagnose. The diagnosis of a nonverbal learning disorder may be anecdotal, at least a first; it may be derived after a great deal of time is spent working one-on-one with an otherwise bright and articulate child who may be doing well academically.
8) Aphasia, Dysphasia, Global Aphasia: Child may appear to get tongue-tied often, have difficulty expressing thoughts verbally, etc.
9) Visual Processing Disorder: (more common that many realize)
Westside Tutoring and Testing Services also prepares students for standardized tests (e.g., OGT, PSAT, ACT, SAT, LSAT, GRE, ASVAB & Proficiency Tests).
Westside Tutoring & Testing Services will do everything feasible to help prospective students and their parents find a way to make our kind of support possible.
Some of the strategies we suggest include:
1) Adjusting WTTS tuition so it is payable monthly instead of in lump sum payments.
2) Encouraging students to apply for WTTS Financial Aid.
3) Internships where students learn and earn, making a difference in the lives of others while gaining experience that will have an impact on their lives and on the lives of others.
4) Referring friends and relatives.
If there is a will, there is a way. Westside Tutoring & Testing Services has never knowingly turned away a prospective student if his or her family is unable to pay the full tuition. If a student is willing to work and eager to learn, we will find a way to make it happen.
Note: WTTS works with the young and the not-so-young. Our students range in age from five years old to sixty-five years young. We work with students from every conceivable background: First part-time and later full-time (2008). We love what we do and the students we serve.