Westside Tutoring & Testing Services’
8, 12, 16, 20, 24 Week ACT & SAT Preparation Courses
Rated “Best in Cleveland” by CBS Online
Thirty-eight Years Serving NE Ohio
Begin right away and prepare for the next series of ACTs and/or SATs
WTTS Tutors All Subjects at All Levels
Specializing in Tutoring Students Diagnosed with Learning Difficulties
Gifted Students Program: Tutoring & Testing
College Admissions Consulting: Applications, Essays, Financial Aid
Call 440-821-7018 and ask for Professor Z!*
Program and results will depend on your goals, the timeframe you have to work with, the college or university you are applying to and their requirements, and the goal score you hope to achieve.
No matter who you are or what your experience has been, you can achieve a top score!
Westside Tutoring & Testing Services’ students routinely better their scores by 5-10 points on the ACT and 150-400 points on the SAT.
Over the last 8 years, WTTS ACT & SAT Preparation Course students have averaged 31.5 Composite on the ACT and 1560 overall on the new SAT and 2275 overall on the “old” SAT.
ACT Writing scores are comparable with WTTS ACT Preparation Course students averaging 11 out of 12 since the change in scoring.
Westside Tutoring & Testing Services supplies everything our students require; we will even make arrangements for the proper calculator if necessary.
The Intensive, One-on-One Eight to Twenty-Four Week ACT and/or SAT Preparation Course Format:
- We begin with an overall assessment of your strengths and weaknesses, which includes a full-length, timed and proctored ACT and/or SAT.
- We will begin to work on your weaknesses, starting with English grammar and rhetoric. We use a number of resources, depending on the results of the student’s goals and assessment. We end up working through at least 12 and as many as 24 actual ACT or SAT English sections (based on student/parent preference).
- Following English remediation, and once the student has mastered the English section of the exam (32-36 section score consistently), we move on to Critical Reading. ACT and SAT Preparation Course students learn how to critically analyze ACT and/or SAT reading passages. The critical thinking skills learned during this phase (and others) transfer well and will assist our students at the college level, as well as over their final year or two of high school.
- ACT Preparation Course students then move on to Science Reasoning (SR). The Science Reasoning section of the ACT is another critical reading section; the emphasis, of course, is on science-related reading and data analysis (figures and tables), but it is a reading test. Once again, the skills learned transfer well and will serve our students throughout the remainder of their academic experience and beyond.
- Finally, both ACT and SAT Preparation Course students move to Mathematics. The ACT Mathematics section is straightforward and allows for the use of a calculator throughout. The SAT Mathematics is broken into two sections:
- Section One: no calculator is allowed. This is an important consideration for many students.
- Section Two: the calculator is allowed.
- Throughout the entire 8 to 24 week period of the Intensive, One-on-One ACT and/or SAT Preparation Course, students will work through a number of writing exercises. The exercises have been developed to accentuate the lessons learned during the English phase of instruction (i.e., grammar and rhetoric).
- The ACT Writing section of the ACT is 40 minutes in length and requires in-depth analysis of a prompt and three perspectives.
- The SAT Writing section has been folded into the Critical Reading section, and the questions are similar to those found on the ACT English section.
- The skills learned while preparing for the ACT Writing section, in particular, will serve our students well throughout their lives. The ability to analyze information critically and then write intelligently about what they have consumed will be of use throughout both their academic and professional lives.
From 2012 through the first half of 2018, ACT Preparation Course students have routinely earned Composite scores of between 30 and 36 (average ACT Composite 32), and we expect the same or better results in the future. From 2015 through the first half of 2017, WTTS students have consistently earned ACT Composite scores ranging from 31 to 36 with an average of 33.5 for the 2015-2016 and 2016-2017 (to date) academic years.
English – WTTS ACT Preparation Course students routinely earn 34 to 36
Mathematics – WTTS ACT Preparation Course students routinely earn 30 to 36
Critical Reading – WTTS ACT Preparation Course students routinely earn 32 to 36
Science Reasoning – WTTS ACT Preparation Course students routinely earn 31 to 36
Needless to say, we are very proud of our students: not only for their remarkable scores but for the incredible work ethic and determination they’ve demonstrated along the way.
As of this writing, Westside Tutoring & Testing Services is rated “Best ACT And SAT Prep In Cleveland“ by CBS; WTTS is rated number one in NE Ohio by Thumbtack for ACT prep; and, WTTS is rated number one by Thumbtack for GRE prep. Westside Tutoring & Testing Services is the only tutoring and test preparation on the west side of Cleveland to receive this distinction. If you need more, you can visit the Westside Tutoring & Testing Services Testimonial page.
Give us a call at 216-712-7004*
Professor John P. J. Zajaros, Sr.
Westside Tutoring & Testing Services
Serving NE & North Central Ohio for 38 Years
*We do not pick up while in session, but we will call you back as soon as we have a break. Leave a detailed message, including name, school and year, phone number, and previous experience with either the ACT or SAT and your scores. Thank you for your consideration!