Specialized Tutoring for Students with Dyslexia
“A dyslexic individual can be successful because of their abilities not in spite of. A dyslexic may struggle to succeed because of their negative experiences in the learning environment not because of dyslexia.” – The Dyslexia Association
Dyslexia is not a disease, nor does it indicate a lack of intelligence. It is a reading difficulty that affects the way the brain processes written material.
Since reading and writing are a fundamental part of learning any subject, or many things in life for that matter, not being able to put together letters, syllables and words in their proper order so they make sense, causes delays in learning.
One-on-one tutoring can help!
Westside Tutoring & Testing Services has over 30 years’ experience, and we specialize in tutoring individuals of all ages who have been diagnosed with dyslexia and other learning difficulties. Our methods succeed where others have failed!
If you or your child has been diagnosed with dyslexia and you are seeking a professional tutor to build learning skills and confidence, contact WTTS today for a free, in-depth consultation and assessment.
Dyslexic people go on to live very happy, successful lives. A few famous people with dyslexia include*:
- Alexander Graham Bell – inventor of the telephone.
- Albert Einstein – physicist who developed the general theory of relativity.
- Steve Jobs – co-founder of Apple Inc.
- John Lennon – musician, one of The Beatles.
- Jay Leno – talk show host and comedian.
- David Rockefeller – businessman and philanthropist.
- Steven Spielberg – film director.