Tutoring Elementary School Students is a Whole Lot of Fun!
Has Your Child Lost Their Love of Learning?
The amount of homework and the depth of the subject matter even elementary school students face today would have staggered many high school students 20-30 years ago!
We can help your child whether he or she is struggling with a single subject (i.e. math, reading, writing, etc.) or just overwhelmed and in need of study and time management skills.
Westside Tutoring & Testing Services’ programs for young children instill curiosity and introduce problem solving skills to help them gain confidence and build the foundation for life-long learning success.
Below are some strategies we use and things that we as tutors have learned in our 30+ years of tutoring young students:
- Reading and Writing
- ABCs, Stories, Puzzles, and Fun
- Tutoring Kindergartners is a Dream Job and We Love It!
Tutoring Elementary School Students
- Math Tutoring: From blocks to algebra and geometry in 20 weeks.
- Science is fun and tutoring science is wonderfully rewarding – WTTS students become scientists in every sense of the word.
- Tutoring English and Literature: Encouraging a lifelong love affair with books!
- Working with students new to the idea that they may have ADD or ADHD, helping them come to terms with their diagnoses as they progress through adolescence, is a major undertaking. WTTS students come to embrace their uniqueness and thrive as a result of our novel approach to labels and learning.
- First through fifth graders are warm, wonderful, inquisitive, and full of life. Just as when they were preschoolers, our students love to learn and are eager to embrace everything new. We challenge our students at every step along the way and, as a result, they flourish!
- Most elementary school children still love to learn! If a new student has lost some of that magic, we work to rekindle the fire and encourage them to pursue the subjects they enjoy most. The saddest thing in the world is to meet a child who has lost their love of learning.
- Over the years we have been able to pull quite a few students back from the brink. In several instances it was because they had just the wrong teacher at the worst possible moment. The student-teacher relationship is a partnership; it should be neither adversarial nor negative. Every tutoring session is a positive, nurturing experience for our students.
- It’s difficult to turn young children around, particularly once they have had a profoundly negative experience, but it can be done and it is incredibly rewarding when we are successful, and we are rarely unsuccessful!