Math Proficiency Test Preparation Programs for Students at Any Level
The study of mathematics has emerged as one of the most important fields of study in the United States and abroad. The current emphasis on science, technology, engineering, and mathematics, or STEM, validates this point.
The individual who can master mathematics has a bright future in today’s world. Demonstrating math proficiency is important for a number of reasons as it is a part of many tests a student will take during their academic years.
For example, math proficiency tests are administered:
- As part of the OGT – Ohio Graduation Test
- The ACT has a mathematics test section that assesses the math skills a student has learned up to the beginning of their senior year of high school
- The SAT will test a student’s basic mathematics, algebra, and geometry knowledge
- The Quantitative section of the GRE will test a student’s mathematics, algebra, geometry, comparison and problem solving abilities
- Undergraduate students who wish to be placed in a higher level mathematics course may be required to take a math proficiency test to earn admission to that course
- For those who want to teach math, the PRAXIS II will test the knowledge of the mathematics curriculum they wish to teach
Westside Tutoring & Testing Services offers tutoring in mathematics from pre-K level math through graduate level statistics, and our test preparation programs are second to none. The vast majority of our students earn scores well into the 90th and gain admission to the schools of their choice.
If you, your son or daughter, needs an individualized math proficiency test prep program, contact WTTS today for a free, in-home consultation and in-depth assessment!