Individualized and Caring Tutoring for Middle School Students
The transition from elementary to middle school can be difficult for any young person. Often, this means the merging of students from more than one elementary school, classroom sizes are larger, and teaching environments less nurturing.
For a child with ADD/ADHD, Asperger’s Syndrome, or other Learning Difficulties, this can mean even less individualized attention. For the gifted student, this can mean not being challenged enough academically. Additionally, middle school students are beginning the journey through adolescence and on into their teenage years. In almost every instance, we have found that 6th through 8th graders are still children…although they will vigorously argue the point!
Westside Tutoring & Testing Services has a wide range of middle school student tutoring programs and packages available that are structured to meet each child’s individual needs.
WTTS provides academic tutoring in many subject areas, including and not limited to:
- English & English Composition
- Literature – American Literature, African-American Literature, British Literature. Middle school students will have an opportunity to meet Huck Finn, Tom Sawyer, Jim, and Becky Thatcher…many will also meet the stranded boys of The Lord of the Flies
- Math – Pre-Algebra, Algebra, Geometry
- Science – Earth science, Astronomy, Biology, Health
WTTS also helps students with:
- Overcoming test anxiety – for students at every level, from middle school to medical school
- Developing study skills – necessary to improve performance
- Time management – in order to use time more efficiently
- Preparation for entrance exams – SSAT, HSPT, and other catholic and private secondary schools
- High school admissions assistance
- Student athlete assistance – consulting and planning
- Financial aid assistance
Middle school students are wonderful, challenging, and bright, and often provide their tutor with some of the most rewarding opportunities to tutor, coach, and mentor. They are in the toughest age bracket, bar none! However, if you gain their trust and you’re straight with them? They will do anything for you…and do it well!
If your son or daughter has transitioned or is transitioning to middle school and needs assistance with one or more subjects, schedule a free, in-depth consultation and assessment today!
Call WTTS at 216-712-7004
Or, use our online contact form